Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things


Some of my regular reads have been participating in a Blog Everyday in May challenge with Story of My Life. I was inspired by yesterday's posts and decided to do my own even though I didn’t join in the challenge.

The topic yesterday, was to list 10 things (I did 11. Sorry about it.) that make you really happy. Mine are in no particular order except for the order that I thought of them in. I’m leaving out Mr. M and the two dogs because, everyday they are all 10 of the things that make me really, really happy.

 1. Fresh daffodils in a mason jar. Or any flowers in a mason jar for that matter. 
 

 


 2. This season of life. I have anticipated living this moment for as long as I can remember. I can’t think of another time that I have ever been so happy, so content, so in love. I look at my husband all the time and I feel my heart jump out of my chest. I get him? Forever?! Ok I just broke my rule of not including the husband. Whatever.

3. Clean sheets. Especially new, clean sheets.

4. That place between sleep and awake on a Saturday morning, when you realize that it is, in fact, Saturday morning!

5. Cocktails. My live-in bartender husband makes a mean cosmo. I love coming home from work on a Friday night to this pretty pink drink sitting on the counter.


6. Reality TV. Real Housewives of Everywhere, Teen Mom (I know), any kind of cooking challenge, pretty much every TLC show there is. You name it.. it’s on our DVR. Sorry husband.

7. This girl said YES! One of my best friends from college and a bridesmaid in my own wedding just got engaged this last weekend to her college sweetheart. And? Asked me to be her Maid of Honor. I cried like a baby.
 
8. Lists. Lists of all kinds. To do lists, grocery lists, meal plans for the week, lists of things that make me happy, bucket lists, lists of lists I like to make...

9. My Starbucks gold card. I can't help but feel just the tiniest tingle of satisfaction every time I get to hand that baby over to the barista. Yep, Mr. Barista, I earned that card with my name engraved on it.

10. The Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom. There are few things in the world I love more than a good hot bath. I’m the only one who ever uses the tub in our house and I like it that way. Bubbles, scalding hot water, candles, and a movie on the laptop. That is living folks.

11. Hair appointment day. You know.

I could go on and on but I’ll spare you.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, YES to all of these, especially fresh flowers in a mason jar, saturday mornings, hair appt day, cocktails & coffee.
    Found you from Kelly's Korner, I am 30 min from SF also (in the East Bay!)

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012