Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Leibster Awards!


This is an exciting day! Sweet Kaara over at In the Kitch With Kaara has nominated me for a Liebster award! The Liebster award, if you’ve never heard of it, is given to up & coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It’s a great way to build relationships with other bloggers, and to share and grow some small blogs that maybe not everyone has heard of. {Ahem, 4 followers over here.}

Here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 5 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 5 questions for the people you choose to nominate.
3. Choose 5 bloggers to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the nomination.
5. Follow and social media connect with everyone tagged.

Here are my answers to the questions from Kaara.

Why did you begin blogging?

I started Meet the M's after regularly reading some of my favorite blogs for a couple of years. Most of the blogs that I read are from big name bloggers with thousands of followers. I was so intimidated by the idea of these bloggers {beautiful and sweet as they may be}. I didn't get the courage to finally start my own until I started finding other small blogs that I could relate to.  I wish that I would have had the cojones to start telling our story before I did so that I could have documented our wedding planning. I love writing and I also happen to think that I am pretty funny... so here I am. I’m so happy that I started this journey. There is an indescribable rush that comes with blogging just the sheer excitement of getting comment notification emails absolutely makes my day. Seeing my page views growing every day just is the most amazing feeling. Maybe people do care about my ramblings after all? 


What is the number one thing you love about yourself?
I pride myself on being a good person. I care a lot about the people and I think that it shows. I am a good friend and I like to think that I would do anything for the people that I am closest to.

If you could take a trip anywhere, where and with who?
I really want to go to Italy with my husband. I want to see the entire country especially the Amalfi coast and Venice. I want to drink wine in Tuscany and eat gelato wander old cobblestone streets. Someday.

What is your favorite meal?
I absolutely do not have a favorite food. I just love food in general. Also, my husband is an amazing cook. You might even call him my favorite chef. He has a great imagination and comes up with dishes that are far better than anything you could ever order at a restaurant. One of my absolute favorite dishes that he makes is steak with goat cheese and a red wine & balsamic reduction. This dish is primarily saved for weekend nights that we stay in. He just made it a couple weeks ago with garlic, horseradish mashed potatoes and one of our favorite Napa Cabs. Seriously, yum.
What is your summer must-have or special summer place?
One of our closest friends has a houseboat on Lake Don Pedro out in the central valley. This is the place where I really fell in love with my husband, long before we were actually together. The houseboat is summer.We sleep on the roof under the stars and wake up early to go wake boarding before the rest of the lake is awake. We barbeque and play liars dice on the deck. We watch fireworks on the 4th of July surrounded by hundreds of other boats and eat potato salad for breakfast. We jet ski and wake surf and listen to Kenny Chesney. There would be no such thing as summer without our houseboat home.

I am nominating all of these pretty little ladies..
E at Eclectically E
Colleen at Meet the Sullivans
Tessa at Tessa Messa
Jessica at Hangin' with the Howards
Cari at It's a Lovely Day Tomorrow

Here are my questions
What is your favorite childhood memory?
What does your ideal date night look like?
What is your number one pet peeve?
What is the number one item on your bucket list? Why?
What is your guiltiest pleasure?  

Thank you so much to Kaara for thinking of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012