Monday, December 16, 2013

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer...

Is singing loud for all to hear!
 
Or...
 
Spending $100 {look away husband!} to send a pretty Christmas card to everyone you love.
 
Christmas cards. There are few things I love more than Christmas cards. When I was growing up my parents sent the kind of Christmas card where they would write a two page letter about every single thing each family member had done that year. My mom would say things like "Camille likes to climb up on the roof and read books. {I did love doing that} She can read an entire Box Car Children book in one sitting!" and I would die of embarrassment. Then they would attach some family photos that they had taken when we were on a hike somewhere. My bangs would be entirely too fluffy or crooked and I would probably be wearing pants that didn't quite reach the tops of my shoes.
 
I have been impatiently waiting to send my own Christmas cards for like..  years. The year we got engaged we didn't send one because our Save the Dates went out in January and it was too close to Christmas to send both. The year we got married our thank you cards went out in November and it was too close again to send a Christmas card. Both of those were covered in engagement photos and wedding photos and we figured that if we sent people one more picture of us they were going to unfriend us forever.
 
Each year our fridge has been covered in other people's Christmas cards. This is my favorite thing in the whole world. I love seeing our friends chubby babies, pets, and smiling faces all December long. I love opening Christmas card mail. So, I was particularly excited knowing that this year was finally my year to send a Christmas card along with everyone else. Or so I thought...
 
{Here is where I'm going to complain.} I don't know if it's because Thanksgiving was a week late, giving us one less week between Holidays for Christmasy types of things {ahem... like sending me my Christmas card} or maybe everyone actually did unfriend us after receiving too many photos in the mail. Either way we have so far received 2 cards this year. Two. One is from our mortgage agent. The other from Nick's dentist. I won't lie, I'm a little sad about it.
 
Either way I am in love with how our {first!!} card turned out and I will hope for more cards next year.
 
Merry almost Christmas friends!!
 

19 comments:

  1. I have only received two cards, as well! I love Christmas cards and long for the day when I have a family and can send photo cards instead of just a cheesy card I've taken from a box! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Merry Christmas love!

      Delete
  2. This whole post made me laugh. Y'all are too cute and I love your card! It's perfect!!

    Thanks for joining in the fun! I hope you have a very Merry CHRISTmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much for hosting. I just found your blog through this link up and I am excited to read more!
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS! I'm a sucker for anything gold & shiny. Stopping by from Faith's link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pups!! :) Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your Christmas card. Found your blog thru the card link-up.

    Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you and your family did as well!

      Delete
  6. Your card design is awesome! I love the gold, seeing as though I can't get enough of gold lately. Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that it's post-Christmas I have time to catch up on this carousel :)

    We didn't get very many cards this year either. I hope sending Christmas cards is not going out of style... :(

    I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012