Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lists, Lists, Lists

I love a good list. My desk at work is scattered with lists of all kinds. Something about making a list makes me feel better about having a lot of things I have to get done. Even if that's as far as I get.

With this bebe on the way it seems like I've got even more lists to make with way more things on them. I've got a baby prep list that is ever growing and a to do list at work that makes my head spin. Getting ready to go out on leave has been a little stressful. Although, I am SO looking forward to that time away.

Baby prepping so far has been a little weird for us. We are usually quick to make plans {like, we had our wedding venue booked only weeks after getting engaged kind of quick} but this time around has been a little more difficult. I think I can blame it on having to wait  until 20 weeks to find out the sex of the baby. Now that we've got that taken care of we can finally start turning my Pinterest boards into actual nursery plans.

Here's a little peek at what I've got goin' on in my planner this month.
  1. Finish baby registry - this is pretty much handled and checked off the list. I've been making a few adjustments but I'm pretty happy with it.
  2. Paint nursery - done! We sweated all weekend getting the room done. We went through 4 different colors before settling on the perfect one. Nick, bless his heart, is the best husband and daddy to be ever and humored my pregnant/insane self and painted the ceiling "whiter" for me.
  3. Get nursery furniture - no solid movement on this one yet. Although I know exactly which dressers I want. The nursery is the smallest room in the house so I'm striving for efficiency and maximum cuteness for everything we need.
  4. Find G's Pediatrician - this, believe it or not, is a daunting task. I want to find a really good doctor that we can get to know and love. Someone who I trust with my baby and someone he can grow with until it's embarrassing to go to a pediatrician anymore. Suggestions from any fellow Bay Area mamas are very welcome!
  5. Start daycare tours - I hate this.
  6. Replace all outlets in nursery and install new light - Our house was built in the 80's and all of our light switches and outlets are a yucky, yellowy, used to be white color. I don't like how they look on all of our freshly painted walls and would like to have all brand new, stark white outlets and switches asap please :)
  7. Clean, paint and organize nursery closet - The closet interior is currently painted the same, not white enough white that the ceiling was painted and that needs to be fixed right away. Also, it's currently stuffed full with camping gear, left over wedding stuff, and bins of crafts, ribbon and other crap. All of this stuff needs to find a permanent home so I can fill the closet with adorable baby boy clothes.
  8. Read vaccine book - Knowing that there is likely to be lots of pokes to be had in the hospital I want to know exactly what they plan on putting in our baby so I can be prepared. We do plan to vaccinate but not necessarily on the standard schedule.
  9. Schedule bedroom carpet & baseboards replacement - Our house was a rental when we bought it and we had roommates living with us for the first two years. Our carpets have taken quite a beating, especially after bringing Teddy home. I'm ready for some brand new fluffy carpets. Also, the baseboards the builder installed are just silly small.
  10. Find/schedule birthing classes - We are currently scheduled for a birthing class through the hospital that I don't really have any intention of taking. I need to find a class that is focused more on a natural birth.
  11. Schedule prenatal appointment with the Doula - We met and hired our Doula last weekend and we love her. I'm so glad we decided to go this route. We will see her at least one more time before the baby comes.
  12. Schedule maternity photos - We found a local photographer but haven't scheduled anything yet.
  13. Get my FREE Breast Pump - I can't even tell you how excited I was to hear that my insurance company will send me the exact breast pump that I have on my registry fo' free! Thank you insurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the M's | Template By Rockaboo Design Studio | 2012